Each group is given one golden (or luminous) ball before the round, this ball will count as one less shot and will be accounted for when working out the match play winner, so if the golfer uses it on a hole and scores a 5, this will actually be a 4 when working out the match play result.
- The ball may only be used once per player.
- If the player loses that ball they are not allowed to replace it and will forfeit any extra shots they get on that hole and cannot use it again.
- The player doesn’t need to nominate they are using the golden ball, they simply can put it down and play it.
- You may play opposing golden balls on the same hole.
- This will not affect the players personal stableford score, you will declare on the scorecard what you actually scored without the golden ball.